Archbishop Geoff has called on church communities to pause for prayer
This pause can be for just a few minutes to pray for:
– an end to the pandemic
– healing for people suffering from the illness
– those researching a vaccine
– our political and community leaders as they try to provide – wise leadership
– our health workers as they are at the front line
A suitable prayer could be…
Almighty and All–loving God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
we pray to you through Christ the Healer
for those who suffer from the Coronavirus Covid–19
in … and across the world.
We pray too for all who reach out to those who mourn the loss
of each and every person who has died as a result of contracting the disease.
Give wisdom to policymakers,
skill to healthcare professionals and researchers,
comfort to everyone in distress
and a sense of calm to us all in these days of uncertainty and distress.
This we ask in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord
who showed compassion to the outcast,
acceptance to the rejected
and love to those to whom no love was shown.
– Archbishop Michael Jackson, Dublin & Glendalough